Thread: thoughts about the forum and the site

Unhappy thoughts about the forum and the site

Hi new user here.
    I was searching for the English forums... couldn't find them - so here I am.
    I found my way to this site by ways of a giveaway. those are always awesome, and a great way to get more people to find you I guess.
    but as I look around, I cannot help but wonder what's going on here.

running the so called rules of the forum through a translator (written by a moderator???)
    left a bad taste in my mouth and the fact that registering to the site - no promptings what so ever came to read the rules, privacy terms or anything the like.
    is this site really legit?

well, I was going to read through some threads I thought to see what community there was...
    and saw spam. I hope . I really really hope that was spam.
    that and some rules that if they aren't some kind of bad joke are just awful.

but... is there any forum written in English? I just...
    I'd like to know what's going on here.
    my regards // Yersinia

Sorry dude but im just as confused as you are, but if i find anything out ill tell u

Well, after some time I came to the conclusion that there isn't a different forum. the language setting is simply for the instructions. witch is fine I guess... I just kind of hope that the official messages, if there are any, will get translations some day. translators aren't really the best solution after all. luckily I recognize a word or two in German and an guess what some mean as far as the forum set up, but still.
    thanks for any future assistance BlackIron.

that's nice and all, but also a worrying part of the forum. there are links to other sites everywhere.
    who knows where you'll end up if you press the wrong button.
    and on that note, Christopher Smith - that didn't really have anything to do with my thoughts and concerns.
    unless you mean to say, abandon ship and go here. *see link above.*

I'm just... uneasy about following links, even if most(?) are safe.
    obviously I don't have to, but I'd like it more if you told me to search for it, or where one can find a second opinion.
    well. We'll see.

Hey Yersinia,
    first I have to say sorry for your bad experience with this forum. Here are really much spambots.. so it is better to not click on links from members with less than 5 Posts. Also I am in contact with the administrator and we will clean this forum, but it will take some time. So please wait some time and then I hope you will like it here.

Yeah, that's my plan. still, spam bots are though to get rid of. which is why I'll wish you luck yet again.